Be all in. This is your life. Breath in, stay calm. This is your mindset. Breath in exercise. Breath alone in your white space. Focus on gratitude; breath in gratitude for your life. Hold onto mindfulness, stay in the moment, the here and now. Let go of the life you had all planned out for the life you have.
What matters most? Relationships. Fur-babies. Delete negative friends and family from your life. Be kind. Be kind to yourself too.
Be productive. What is your contribution to the world? Own it. Use time management, schedule your day. Do what you can with what you have; bloom where you are planted. What are your goals? Paid and unpaid. Be of service. Support your family/obligations. Get an education, the highest and most education you can possibly attain; it is the one thing you can never loose, the 1 thing that can never be taken from you.
Have fun. Be creative. What recreation sports, hobbies or art do you enjoy? Do it. Have balance in your life between work and play, but know balance is a lie. Every day will be one or the other, seldom will it be both; so ensure that over 3 months you have about a week off. In a year you should be able to say you had a balance between work and play. Take the weekends off.
The part of you that is aware of your thoughts, and possibly lives on after the body dies. Faith. Religions may call this God. It can be the Universe, love, whatever you believe. It is something bigger than you.
Socrates greatest wisdom was to Know Yourself, that ‘an unexamined life is not worth living.’ Visit this space in your private time; make time for white space daily. Do something that sooths you: read, take a bath, write, be mindful, dance, paint or draw. Sooth your spirit.
This is different than health. This is joy, happiness, your mental health. This is your overall being. Your connection with others. If you are at peace with life. Wellness is editing your life style, editing your life, setting goals. It is sleeping. It is inner hope.
Stretch. Drink water. Be active. Eat nutritious foods, go to the dentist, watch not just your weight but also your fitness level. Be strong. Be flexible. Have endurance. You do not HAVE TO work out, you GET TO work out! Respect your body and all it is capable off, and be your best self in health: it is the ultimate form of riches. Health and education mean so much more in life than money alone ever could.
1. Let go of your “planned life,” and enjoy the life you have now. Set goals of course but don’t wait to be happy until your life is the way you envisioned it would be when you where young or you will be waiting forever. Life happens. You have to go back and edit it the best you can. But, let go of the image in your mind if you can not attain it now. If you need campaign for breakfast to be happy, and you can’t afford to go buy that today, you need to let go of that planned life and enjoy your orange juice until the day you can afford to buy Monet.
2. Have gratitude for everything you have right now. E-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. I bet the list of things you take for granted is longer than what you are grateful for if you had to list them both right now? (Go ahead and do that!) Seriously, stop reading now and go do that. Then come back.
Do you have health on your list? I can bet there is more right with you right now then there is wrong with your body. Is your heart beating? Can you walk? See? Breath? Talk? Think? Write? Read? Do you have electricity? Food? Spending money? Credit cards? A home? A bed? Clothes? A grade 12 education at the least? Do you have parents, siblings, friends? A car? A cell phone? The internet? A job? A computer? A TV? Clean water? Are you safe? This is not even scratching the surface, yet 90% of the world can not say yes to these things. Be thankful for all of this.
3. Edit your life constantly. Always be improving. You are done when you are dead. Seriously, you will always have more to learn in life, more room to grow emotionally and compassionately. We are human. We are going to make mistakes. So, make amends. Say sorry. Change your actions. Edit and edit your life, whether you do this yearly, quarterly, monthly, weekly, or daily. Do it.
4. Reset daily. Let go of yesterday. Begin anew. Forgive yourself. Move on from what you can not change. Let it go. Allow room for grace. Bless and release.
5. Grace: be okay with not being perfect. You can not write without editing. Write messy, that is okay. Everything does not—can not—be perfect!
6. Live in the now. Life is happening NOW. Let go of what you can’t control. Life isn’t perfect.
7. Think big picture. Your goals should be small steps that all add up to the big picture you are building for yourself. Before you do something think, “Will this get me closer to where I want to be?” Don’t waste your precious life online or working 24/7. Take action towards your dreams.
8. Have daily tasks. Live life on purpose! Have purpose. Highlight your top 3 productive items that you need to do today and get them done. Check them off your list. Feel the success.
9. Learn. Evolve. Grow. Feel the pain and push through it. Grow up. Take 100% responsibility for your life. Reach for the next level always, there is no end. There is no win; everyday your alive and you do your best is a win, but there is no final “Ah, I made it, I am done,” moment. As you make changes know resistance will show up. You have to push through it, don’t think something is wrong with you, know your closer to your goal so life is testing how bad you want it!