2) All the attractive males are too scared to talk to you, except maybe "as friends," so you are left thinking that you must be unattractive all through high school and maybe you are *lucky* to even get hit on by the losers and creeps who actually have the gull to hit on you: the 40 year old creep when your 18, the drunk hands-y pervert at a club, the unemployed living with mom forever white trash. Ah: options! You also have tons of hot male friends so all the girls hate you.
3) When your looks suddenly fail you, you either gain weight or age, you abruptly realise what you lost. It is hard because you didn't even know you had it, until you no longer have it. Suddenly you feel invisible because no one is looking at you. Of course this is not the case, they are looking at you as much as anyone looks at a normal human being. The fact is your entire life everyone has not just looked at you, but stared at you, dotted on you, gave you better service, assumed you're more intelligent, and basically you had no idea the truth of the matter because you had been in this societal elite camp that you didn't know you were a part of, until you got kicked out.
4) You wish you were as fat as you were when you thought you were "fat". That tiny bit of extra weight that made you more secure (you felt safe from men) because men stared for a little less longer and less comments where made about your body in everyday conversation has now become the wall that removes you from the 1% with God-given cheek bones and legs for days. You are now just like everyone else. You suddenly lost the "charms" that manipulated situations to your will. You could pretty much always get a upgrade, return something without a receipt, get a freebie or other perk just by asking. You thought it was because you asked! Nope: it was because you were pretty and asked. The power that comes with being pretty. You once had a famous guy give you his shirt, actually change and give you it, when you commented you liked it and wanted one. This did not faze you a bit. It seemed logical as he could get another and there was no other way for you to get one. You take the shirt off his back and launder it. You own a piece of history.
5) When you are actually a NICE pretty girl you talk to boys who are nerdy or not cool, you are polite and give all people attention, you behave like a decent human being... these people are so not used to any attention from anyone as attractive as you so they suddenly think something is happening that is not in fact happening. You could be in a professional setting, acting professional and poof: a man married 60 years offers to cheat on his wife for you (gee- this sweet old man who could be your great-great-grandfather just propositioned you for sex-adulterous sex- because you listened to his war stories, asked questions and smiled. Apparently the smile is where you went wrong. Your error.
6) You have been told your whole life you are pretty, and that in our culture somehow implies you are not and can not be smart. Because apparently those two things can not co-exist, an attractive woman with a brain! You do not go to university until your 30s because you don't think you are smart enough. When you finally go, you get straight A's. You are literally shocked to learn you are in fact quite intelligent. Face palm. Thank you culture.
Bonus: You have the odd, old school prof offer you an A- for sex. You earn a A in his class just to piss him off. You actually hear that you're too pretty to be that smart to in the student lounge. The culture runs deep. So much so that professors that are pretty who wear makeup and dresses and heels are gossiped about by the faculty, and other female prof's seem to wear the no makeup funeral grey suit like a badge of their intellectual virtues.
Moral of the story: Never envy the life of someone else, you never know what struggles the other is facing.